Sunday, May 3, 2009

new opportunities

this has been so hard for me....this whole blogging thing.  i sit on a computer all day long at work not wanting to even look at a computer when i get home. i can definitely tell my grades have reflected my non posting! oh dear.  but anyways...it's interesting to look back at these other posts and realize how far i've come in my internship.  i know that my struggles starting out the first few weeks have subsided and i feel as though i have a flow to my day.  i can honestly say i have learned way more than i thought i ever would.   i can say that i do not thrive at sitting at a desk all day.  i need more interaction with people! i love who i work with.  i enjoy what i do.  i was offered this internship in the summer but know financially i will not be able to cover all my expenses solely on the small intern pay. 

i had the opportunity to take a public relations position in minneapolis, mn area where i'll be working for a chiropractic clinic...i start on july 1! although i won't be working in tourism (and man have i looked everywhere for a position) i'm excited to know i'll be working more with people.  i can't sit all day...i really just can't! 

so now i realize oh my goodness....this is my last paper i'll be writing for this internship, this is the last tour i'll be giving for being in devils' advocates 4 years, this is the last time i'll be walking on asu campus as a student.  it feels odd.  but i know i'm ready to get out there, and especially for my new beginnings in the freezing cold of minneapolis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment